What is a PLC and Why You Need One.
What is a PLC?
A programmable logic controller (PLC) or programmable controller is best described as an industrial computer. In most cases, PLCs are used for automated processes to ensure high reliability, data collection, efficiency, and safety.
These PLCs can range in size. They can process as little as 10 inputs and outputs (I/O) or thousands. These individual PLCs are then often networked to other PLC and SCADA systems.
Why you need one.
Granted, not everyone needs a PLC, but for companies looking to implement innovative processes, operations, and or facilities they are a must.
- Resilient: PLCs are designed to take a beating and in some cases are explosion-proof.
- Time Tested: PLCs last decades and only ever need maintenance when necessary.
- Quick to Fix: PLCs are comprised of modular easy-to-change parts.
- Energy Efficient: Low power consumption along with lower operation costs through automation.
- Flexible to Program: Control panels can take on just about any automation task.
With decades of combined experience on staff, ATRON Group provides custom control systems, utilizing the latest PLC & HMI equipment. ATRON will provide the appropriate solution to any of your control system needs.
With a client-centered mentality to doing business, we meet with each of our customers one-on-one to pinpoint critical needs for control systems applications and develop cost-effective solutions to remedy them. Our Custom Control Systems and HMI/SCADA systems will be tailor-made to address the unique demands of your application.
A trusted resource for every stage
Whether your application requires a small PLC for machine control or a plant-wide control, SCADA supervisory system, ATRON can fulfill your needs. Our team can oversee the project as a whole, or provide products and/or services for any part.
- Design and Engineering: Both PLC and HMI/SCADA systems must be designed and engineered consistently so they are recognizable to all end users. The users should be able to look at them and not struggle to comprehend any of the information.
- Project Management: We take a consultative approach to designing your custom control system. Our team can take your project from concept to design and then to production.
- Training: With any system we build, our team trains your personnel so that they are comfortable with using, diagnosing issues, and recommending additions to the system.
Another important qualifying factor is Certifications read our last post about certifications below.
Build Trust, Demonstrate Competency & Protect stakeholder brands while delivering an unmatched, extraordinary experience.
- Making The Complex Simple
- Making The Things You Make Better
- Making a Difference